Product Name: Power Hungry Hydra Chip - GREEN LED
Manufacturer: Power Hungry
Manufacturer Part #: Hydra-Green
Fitment Notes: 1994-2003 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L
Hydra Chip: The only 7.3L PCM chip that gives you full, absolute control
It’s not just a chip you’re purchasing… it’s a key to unlock world-class performance tuning. Every chip comes with FREE access to our entire library of calibrations for stock trucks. You choose what power levels you load onto your chip. Our easy to use HydraFlash software gives you full control.
Need custom tunes for your modifications? No problem. Choose from many Hydra tuners across the country. Everything is done through email, so you never have to send your chip off to be programmed.
The Hydra chip always has  bypass mode and [NS] no start built in. There are 15 more positions you can program from our database, custom tuner of your choice, or your own files you develop in Minotaur software. The choice is always yours.
Important information about calibrations
1994 to 1997 and early 1999 Power Stroke and International trucks are fitted with smaller volume injectors than the late 1999 and up Super Duty trucks, and as such are limited to increases of about 65 HP for the 1994 to 1997 and 100 HP for the early 1999. Some trucks, depending on tolerances, may be able to utilize up to 80 HP and 120 HP respectively, but we cannot guarantee that the power gains will be achieved. Additionally, the use of specialty files such as Lope Idle or Smoke Show may not function correctly on 1994 to 1997 vehicles due to the restrictions in both injector volume and High Pressure Oil Pump capacity. Trucks with modified injectors are not subject to these restrictions.
1994-1997 trucks will have fewer calibration selections due to the power limitations of the factory stock injectors. Additionally, trucks with manual transmissions will have fewer calibration selections due to the programming changes that are made to shifting between tow and power calibrations.
All 7.3l psds will have a minimum of 15 calibrations available.
Due to the limitations of international vehicles, only 7-10 calibrations will be available.
|Examples of calibrations available through HydraFlash software:|
|Stock or Modified Stock
||Useful for emissions or diagnostic purposes|
|25hp Extremely Heavy Tow
|40hp Heavy Tow
||10,000 -12,500 pounds|
|65hp Moderate Tow
||7,500 - 10,000 pounds|
|80hp Light Tow
||Up to 7,500 pounds|
|65hp Fuel Sippper
||When the focus is strictly on fuel economy, early shifts to help keep RPMs low|
|40hp Daily Driver||Good for all-around daily driving and economy|
|65hp Daily Driver|
|80hp Daily Driver|
||A little more aggressive than a Daily Driver while still maintaining manageable smoke output|
|80hp Daily Driver|
|100hp Race*||Play time! Offers a more aggressive fuel curve for improved low RPM response and top end power|
|140hp Extreme*||This is as big as it gets! (On stock injectors, anyway)|
|High Idle - 1,000rpm||Ideal for PTO operation or for faster warm-ups.
We do not recommend exceeding 1,200rpm for safety reasons.
|High Idle - 1,100rpm|
|High Idle - 1,200rpm|
|Anti-Theft||Causes a "Dead Pedal" so vehicle will idle, but is not driveable|
|Whisper Mode™||Hit the drive-thru and place your order or do your banking without having to shut off your truck|
|Valet Mode 25 mph||Lowers the speed limiter|
|Valet Mode 35 mph|
|Valet Mode 45 mph|
|Teen Driver™ 65mph||Locks the speed limiter at 65mph|
|Teen Driver™ 75mph||Locks the speed limiter at 75 mph|
* Due to injector size limitations, stock 1994½ to 1997 trucks will only have calibrations available up to 80HP. Early 1999 can go up to 100HP.
‡ The 140X tune is not recommended on Late 2001 to 2003 vehicles with stock injectors because they have Powdered Metal Connecting Rods.
Note: This product is designed for the 1994½ to 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel trucks. It will not work on earlier 7.3L IDI powered trucks, including the early 1994 "Turbo Diesel" IDI. If you have any questions about which engine you have, please contact Power Hungry Performance or your preferred dealer for more information.
Modifications that require custom calibrations
- Modified Injectors (Stage 1, Stage 3, etc.)
- Heavily Modified Transmissions (DieselSite Legendary Trans, John Wood, BTS, etc.)
- Alternate fuels (veggie oil, waste oil, trans fluid)
- Engine mods such as camshafts, compression changes, cylinder head modifications
- Modified large single or twin turbos
- Aggressive high-pressure oil systems (Gen-2, Pulse, twin pump, etc.) EXCEPT for Adrenaline, SRP, and Terminator T-500
- Power Adders (Nitrous, Water/Meth, Propane)
Important Information About Calibrations:
1994½ to 1997 and early 1999 Power Stroke and International trucks are fitted with smaller volume injectors than the late 1999 and up Super Duty trucks, and as such are limited to increases of about 80 HP for the 1994½ to 1997 and 100 HP for the early 1999. Some trucks, depending on tolerances, may be able to utilize up to 80 HP and 120 HP respectively, but we cannot guarantee that the power gains will be achieved.
1994½ to 1997 TRUCKS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE POWER LIMITATIONS OF THE FACTORY STOCK INJECTORS. ADDITIONALLY, TRUCKS WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS WILL HAVE FEWER CALIBRATION SELECTIONS DUE TO THE PROGRAMMING CHANGES THAT ARE MADE TO SHIFTING BETWEEN TOW AND POWER CALIBRATIONS.
- Hydra Chip package includes the chip, digital switch, ribbon cable, USB cable
- 17 TOTAL POSITIONS including built-in Module Bypass (for diagnostics or emissions testing) and No-Start
- Easy to read TWO DIGIT removable display switch that mounts on any flat surface for maximum convenience
- Optional dash-mounted USB cable and bracket for permanent installation
- Program/reprogram the chip using the optional USB extension cable and bracket
- Supports most competitors calibrations
- Fully compatible with PATS-equipped vehicles
- Update and Reprogram ONLINE using our FREE HydraFlash software
- Choose from our extensive library of standard calibrations
- Program and Verify ONE or MORE positions with one click
- Program calibrations in ANY POSITION(s) or leave ANY positions blank!
- A single position takes less than 20 seconds to Program and Verify
- Read the factory PCM calibration directly through the chip
- Print out your own customized calibration list
- Update chip online with new features as they become available
Made in America: Wherever possible, every part of the Hydra Chip is sourced in the United States. The boards and ribbon cables are made in Florida, the switch case comes from New York, the switch decal is made in Washington, the boxes come from California, and the whole thing is assembled in Georgia. There are individual components that are only available oversees, but we put tremendous effort and pride in finding all the US sources we possibly can. We believe in promoting American jobs for the strength of our country.
Hydra Chip™ Firmware Updates
Please use the following instructions to update the firmware on your Hydra Chip:
- Connect the Hydra Chip to the USB port of the computer that will be used to update.
- If the Hydra Chip is installed in the vehicle, make sure the key is in the OFF position.
- Open HydraFlash.
- Select the [Hydra Chip] menu option.
- Select the [Update Device Firmware…] menu option.
- Click [Browse] and paste the following link in the [Filename] box:
(You may also download the firmware update and store it on your hard disk using the same link.)
- Click the [Open] button.
- Click the [Update] button to update the firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect the USB cable (when prompted) for 5 seconds, then reconnect.
At this point, your update will be complete.