Manufacturer: Beans Diesel
Manufacture Part #: 280002
Thoroughbred Diesel Part #: BDP280002
Fitment Notes: Universal
Beans Diesel/Bean Machine has stepped up the tank sump another notch. Made from 6061 Billet aluminum, this guy is built like a tank and is super simple to install. Just like their original and revolutionary design, install is as easy as it gets, requiring a single 3" hole and a single bolt. This means super easy and quick install time as well as minimal places to develop a leak.
All of their tank sumps come with a 3" hole saw, (so no extra trips to the hardware store), as well as all stainless or aluminum hardware. The single O-ring design creates the perfect seal insuring you have zero leaks. They manufacture the only tank sump on the market that uses Oring Boss style fittings instead of a pipe thread style fitting. This means less possibility for leaks and a perfect seal. The fittings can be used with a quick disconnect fitting (found on many aftermarket fuel systems) or 1/2" push-lock style fuel hose. That means it is going to be plug and play for the largest percentage of aftermarket fuel systems out there! Beans even includes a plug if you only need a single outlet style sump.
Beans Diesel are not the only sump manufacture on the market, but if you do purchase a Beans sump, you will be purchasing a 100% USA manufactured product from the company that invented the single hole design sump!
Note: For fuel systems with 1/2" supply and return lines.
Note: If you are running a FASS Fuel System that with 5/8" fuel line, you must purchase the Beans Diesel -8 ORB to 5/8" Push-Lock Fitting.
Note: If Installing On Metal Tank You Will Need To Purchase A 3" Metal Hole Saw. Plastic Tank Only hole saw provided.
- Single outlet setup
- For your higher horse power trucks, dual outlet to get the extra fuel needed.
- Uses all available fuel from the tank. No issues with sucking air when below 1/8th of a tank. Perfect for use with today's high flow lift pump systems. (Airdog, FASS, etc)
- Sediment bowl area machined inside of the sump to reduce the amount of sediments that get to your filter system.
- Stainless Drain Plug for future tank servicing or sediment draining.
- Single bolt design that allows for 5 minute install. A single bolt offers less chances for leaks than tanks sumps using multiple bolts drilled into the tank.
- Stainless Steel hardware, High Flow aluminum Quick Disconnect/pushlock fittings, and a -8 ORB Plug are provided in the kit.
- Comes with 3” hole saw to make the only hole needed in your tank for install.
- Inner ring designed to go through the 3” hole so tank does not need to be dropped.
- O-ring design for a perfect seal.
- Super strong 1 piece machined billet design.
- Can be installed on any fuel tank with an available 4” diameter flat area
- Supporting the Company that Invented the Single Hole Design Sump!
- DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED AT OUR FACILITY, IN WOODBURY,TN USA!!!
- Sump Body
- Sump "Pacman" in Tank Backer Ring
- 3" Hole Saw
- Stainless Steel Bolt
- Sealing Washer
- (2) -8 O-Ring Boss (ORB) to 1/2" QDC/Push-lock Fittings (With O-Ring)
- (1) -8 O-Ring Boss (ORB) Plug For Single Outlet Operation (With O-Ring)
- 1/4" NPT Stainless Steel Drain Plug Plug Fitting
If you are looking to install a FASS fuel system, Air Dog fuel pump, or any other aftermarket fuel system, you will find through your research that many past and present customers are complaining of noise and quarter tank issues.
Let's cover the quarter tank issue first. These quarter tank problems are caused by the draw straw often supplied with these kits. A draw straw is a tube that is fed through the top of the fuel tank that attaches to the suction line going to your aftermarket fuel system. The draw straw is located wherever you drill the hole, but the only available spots to drill into your factory diesel fuel tank are flexible spots. So as you drive, the fuel tank is flexing. When you go around a sharp corner with a quarter tank of fuel, the draw straw can swing away from where gravity takes the fuel. This causes the fuel system to suck in air and acts like your truck is running out of fuel. The truck will die, but once you pull over and the fuel settles, the truck will start again. It's not only annoying, but also dangerous because your power steering stops working when the engine shuts down, brakes also become sketchy. Noise is another common complaint associated with aftermarket fuel systems.
What causes the fuel pump to make so much noise? Strain, the harder the pump has to work, the more noise it is going to make. When the fuel system is trying to suck fuel vertically through a draw straw it's going to cause that fuel pump to work harder. Therefore, more noise is going to be the result. Some of these aftermarket diesel lift pumps utilize the factory draw straw which is very small in diameter. If the fuel system you have purchased is running 1/2" or 5/8" and the factory draw straw is only 5/16" then you have a massive restriction in the fuel flow. This is always going to cause the fuel pump to run harder and louder.
The Beans Diesel Bean Machine Fuel Sump is designed to fix all of these issues. By pulling fuel from the bottom of the tank rather than the top, you are taking a lot of strain off the fuel pump, allowing it to operate much quieter and you will never have to worry about quarter tank issues again! Another added bonus to the Beans Diesel Bean Machine fuel sump, is the simple fact that you no longer need to drop the fuel tank to install your aftermarket fuel system. You simply drill a hole in the bottom of the tank, clean out any shavings and install the sump. Minimal tools are required and it shaves about 3 hours off your install time.